You’ve heard it over and over: there’s no substitute for the road. But indoor training doesn’t need to be a substitute. It can be a valuable add-on to your outdoor training.
Usage Time/Distance: approx. 2 years, 1-4 times per week.
Purchased From: Amazon.com
- Sturdy, quality construction.
- Bike is very stable when mounted.
- Relatively low noise level (in comparison to wind and magnetic trainers).
- Large flywheel and progressive resistance provides excellent road-like feel and great resistance range.
- Heavy construction makes this unit less portable than lighter-weight units.
- Can take a bit to properly position the locking mechanism width to hold your bike in place.
- Requires a round hub skewer cap (provided with the trainer), but this means you’ll probably have to switch out your rear skewer.